Thursday, May 13, 2010

End of Semester Stuff...

The end is near! I officially have one assignment remaining, and after it is completed, I will be officially done with the semester. That is very good news... I am ready to go home for summer break.

The past couple days, I have been painting pretty much non-stop in an effort to finish my allegorical still life. I decided to photograph the progress of the piece, just to see how I work in steps. Here are the photos, as well as an image of the final piece:


I am happy with the result of this piece. I feel like I was really able to let go, and allow myself to put some feeling into it. Maybe it was because the objects in the piece are my own... but for some reason I was connected to this piece in a different way than the others. Because of that, I feel that it was more successful.

So, it was another year of school. My first year of college... done. I can't believe it. It was a year of growth, frustration, homesickness, and joy. The experience tested my skills, emotions, relationships, and limits. Though it wasn't all perfect, I feel that I am walking away from the year feeling like I accomplished a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment